VERSANT Zika RNA 1.0 Assay (kPCR)
Qualitative detection for Zika virus
Excellent Assay Performance
- High-specificity (no cross-reactivity with other Flaviviruses)
- Dual-target design improves detection
- Amplifies and detects all currently identified Zika genotypes: West African (Nigerian cluster), East African (MR766 prototype cluster), and Asian
- Good specificity when tested against cross-reactive species and high sensitivity with commercially available Zika cultures.
Sample Handling Simplicity
- Validated for serum, plasma, or urine (collected alongside a patient-matched serum or plasma specimen)
- 48 tests per kit
- Internal control (IC) to monitor RNA extraction and PCR efficiency
- Includes UNG for contamination control
- Validated for multiple thermal cyclers (THERMO FISHER QuantStudio 5, BIO-RAD CFX96, and ABI 7500 Fast Dx)
- Concordant with CDC Zika assay using a variety of patient-matched clinical samples (plasma, serum, and urine)**
**Internal data on file.
VERSANT and all associated marks are trademarks of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc. All other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Product availability varies and is subject to country specific regulatory requirements. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.