At the nexus of treatment innovation
"Anyone who aims at exploring new clinical pathways in interventional radiology may consider combined CT and angiography." 1
Michael Moche, MD
Clinical Director and Head of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, 310Klinik, Nuremberg, Germany
"Combining angio with CT is a real game changer. It allows us to do challenging IR procedures with greater ease and safety." 1
Mark Wilson, MD
Chief of Interventional Radiology, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, USA
Directly access angio and CT with stunning Instant Fusion and Quick Switching between modalities
Powered by a common coordinate system, CT 2,3 and angiography images are now seamlessly integrated and instantly fused together. The stunning result is Instant Fusion4 - providing you with crystal clear overlays and road maps at your finger tips.
- Quick Switching facilitates combined ablations and embolization in one session on one table
- The Artis cockpit lets you see angio and CT images using one monitor, keyboard and mouse
- Wireless-ultrasound, angio and CT images can be shown side by side on the large display
Versatile Room Design
Two teams share one CT in multi-room configurations
Multi-room options let you share equipment between rooms, so that these can host a wider variety of disciplines. This may be more cost-efficient and can even improve ROI.
- Park the CT and angio when they’re not in use for better access to the patient
- Patient-centric design means the system comes to the patient, not the other way round
- Flexible two-room configuration adapts to your clinical, operational and financial goals
"We wanted to increase capacity with the same space, the same staff and without additional overhead. Only three months after installing the combined angio-CT we went from 500 to 600 cases per month, increasing capacity by 20 %." 1
Executive Director of Radiology, Iowa Methodist Hospital, Des Moines, Iowa, USA
"The 2-room solution can help to increase the utilization and enhance return on investment." 1
CEO, Founder and Shareholder, 310Klinik, Nuremberg, Germany
Explore new procedures, devices and pathways with peace of mind
In this multi-modality suite, it’s easier to reach targets and – should complications arise – detect them and react promptly. With this safety net, you’re free to expand the scope of IR-based therapy in growth areas such as palliative oncology and acute care.
- Treat bone metastasis in the pelvis or spine with ablation, bone cement and screw fixation
- For blunt poly trauma, locate bleeding with the CT and stabilize it under angio guidance
- Faster acute stroke treatment with CT diagnosis and angio-guided clot retrieval in one room
"Combined angio-CT’s overall better targeting capabilities provide me with an extra level of safety and confidence." 1
David L. Lacey, MD
Department of Interventional Radiology, Iowa Methodist Hospital, Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Assess treatment response and personalize treatment
The elusive goal of personalized therapy and intra-procedural endpoint determination may now be within reach, thanks to advanced imaging technology in the hybrid suite.
- CT-perfusion may help assess intra-procedural therapy response for organs covering 4-23-cm
- TwinBeam Dual Energy delivers quantitative iodine maps to to assess iodine uptaking lesions
1The statements by Siemens' customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g. hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.
2The SOMATOM Edge Plus is pending 510(k) clearance, and is not yet commercially available in the U.S.
3The feature to control the CT scanner with the Artis Cockpit is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be guaranteed.
4The new feature Instant Fusion is pending 510(k) clearance, and is not yet commercially available in the United States.